Monday, June 26, 2017

Say goodbye to these products and services!

Hey you!

 Nice to see you back! (not really).


Yoo-hooo!

The internet moves fast! So quickly in fact that every year there is always a new piece of tech out to get.  So with all of these exciting treats being produced and distributed on the regular, the younger generation doesn't have any time to appreciate old technologies that came before them. When I was growing up I remembered hanging on to my cassette player and using my old desktop windows 98 (that thing took up so much space) but eventually I had to move on to CD players and the more convenient laptop. So here are some product and services that will disappear just as my Sony Walkman cassette player (with the FM radio and bass booster) did so many years ago and corresponding reasons why. 

  •  Cash, checkbooks, credit cards and ATM's-online banking takeover
  •  USB sticks-Cloud storage takeover
  •  Passwords-Biometrics takeover
  •  The remote control-Remote control app takeover 
  •  Static documents and paper agreements-Cloud agreements/Encrypted email takeover  
So there you have it, maybe you might miss them or maybe you wont but regardless its happening whether we like or not. The over is coming... Sounds spooky right? eh, maybe not.

Even so, I'd like to dedicate a long overdue moment of silence for my Sony Walkman cassette player (so many memories).




Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment