Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I am Megan Meier. A victim of cyberbullying.

Hello all,




Welcome back,








I am Megan Meier, this is my suicide.


Most days of my life has been a struggle. I grew up with attention deficit disorder (ADD) and depression due to a long battle with my weight. I'm only thirteen, but I've never felt pretty or worthwhile for anyone. One day I found this social media website called MySpace and through the site I met this boy, a 16 year old boy called Josh Evans, who I thought really liked me. He asked me to be his friend and I accepted.

I really liked him. I just wished I knew his intentions at the time, then maybe I wouldn't be in this situation, telling you this story. I remember we communicated regularly online and although we never spoke on the phone or saw each other physically, I thought "I had finally found a boy who thought I was pretty". I was happy for time, but nothing lasts forever.

A few weeks went by and the boy started to change the way he spoke to me. He would say that he didn't want to be my friend anymore and concluded one of his lasts messages by saying "The world would be much better off without you". Then, the unspeakable happened, my messages with Josh were known to other classmates. They wrote horrible things about me, I didn't understand why they would do that. Was Josh a fake account and I was being tricked into thinking it was real this whole time? I just wanted to be liked. I just wanted a friend. This was too much for me to fathom. I decided Josh was right, so I took my own life.


Megan Meier was a beautiful 13 years old girl whose life was cut short because of cyber bullying.  Her mother, Tina Meier founded the Megan Meier Foundation, to help fight against cyber bullying.

This is the dark side of what the internet can do, so please try to always keep a positive mindset in order to live a good life.









Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment